- To plan, implement, monitor, and coordinate the development of Waqf, Zakat, Mal and Hajj/Umrah institutions to function more effectively in the socio-economic development of the ummah;
- To plan and coordinate the requirements and uniformity of the legal system for the development of Waqf, Zakat, Mal and Hajj/Umrah institutions;
- Forging smart collaborations with Government agencies as well as GLCs/private parties in the development of Waqf, Zakat, Mal and Hajj/Umrah institutions;
- Conducting studies and research, publications and coordination on issues and programmes for the development of the wealth of Muslims so that it can be fully utilized by the ummah;
- Assist and provide support services in the management of human resources, finance and ICT to the State Religious Authorities and related agencies.
The word ‘JAWHAR’ comes from Arabic which means precious and high value gem. The word JAWHAR itself symbolizes the department’s hope to be a top and most valuable agency like a jewel. The word ‘JAWHAR’ is also in line with JAWHAR’s aspiration to produce high quality outcomes like a very valuable gem, which is a manifestation of the excellence of a world-class Government department.
The word JAWHAR also stands for an acronym for the name of the department. JA is an abbreviation for the word Department, the letter W represents Waqf, and the letter H represents Hajj. Zakat and Mal are represented by HAR which is abbreviated from the word Harta (Asset) which is the foundation for the socio-economic development of Muslims.