- To plan, coordinate and implement programs related to integrity and human development in line with PNI, PIPA and PIN modules.
- Implement public relations activities: customer complaints / feedback, management of visits, and departmental corporate information.
- Managing activities involving the mass media.
- Forging smart collaborations in waqf property development with GLCs/Private and others;
- To plan, implement and monitor waqf development programs in Malaysia’s five -year economic development plan;
- Establish standard financial management procedures and certification for the use of the State Islamic Religious Council (MAIN);
- Establish and coordinate the development and adoption of ICT information and communication technology standard systems;
- Oversee the management and development of waqf property;
- Provide advisory services and facilitates in organizational development and matters related to waqf;
- Conduct studies, prepare reports and submit recommendations on waqf issues;
- Secretariat of national level coordination meetings and conferences related to waqf;
- Representing the country in consultations and official forums related to waqf matters;
- Implement small, large-impact projects using Federal Government funds;
- Establish smart collaboration with High Net worth Muslim Individuals (HNIM) in endowment property development through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes
- Plan, coordinate, standardize and strengthen legislation, regulations, collection management procedures and zakat distribution procedures for the use of the State Islamic Religious Council (MAIN) and the State Zakat Department (JZN).
- Establish standard procedures for financial management and certification for MAIN/JZN and companies managing zakat.
- Secretariat of national level coordination meetings and conferences on zakat.
- Provide advisory services and facilitates in organizational development and matters related to zakat.
- Conduct studies, prepare reports and submit recommendations on zakat issues.
- Establish and coordinate the development and adoption of standard information and communication technology (ICT) systems by all MAIN and JZN; and
- Representing the country in consultations and official forums on zakat matters.
General Resource Unit
- Plan, implement and monitor general resource development programs in the five (5) year Malaysian economic development plan;
- Plan and obtain budgets for the development of general resources, estates, wills and trusts throughout the country;
- Plan and implement smart partnerships among general resource institutions such as Amanah Raya Berhad (ARB), Department of the Director General of Lands and Mines (JKPTG), banking institutions, Yayasan Pembangunan Ekonomi Islam Malaysia (YAPEIM), Yayasan Dakwah Islam Malaysia (YADIM) and agencies- other agencies related to the socio-economic management and development of the ummah;
- Coordinate and strengthen the management and administration system of general resources, wills, inheritances and trusts;
- Coordinate legislative, and general resource procedures throughout the country; and
- Plan and drive the creation and development of general resource assets, especially baitulmal institutions at the state level.
- Collect, update and analyse information on the management of Hajj and Umrah;
- Study the Hajj/Umrah management system in and outside the country;
- Monitor issues, prepare reports and recommendations related to Hajj/Umrah;
- Monitor and coordinate policy matters related to Hajj/Umrah management and investment;
- Secretariat for meetings with Tabung Haji, consultations and official forums related to Hajj matters;
- Plan and implement research on areas related to waqf, zakat and hajj;
- Establish smart collaborations with Higher Education/Research Institutions in related fields;
- Perform secretarial duties on the JAWHAR Strategic Plan and conduct strategic studies of the Department’s needs;
- Prepare proposal papers related to waqf, zakat, mal and hajj to be brought to the National Fatwa Council; and
- Perform JAWHAR journal and paper publication tasks.
Managing administrative affairs, office management and office equipment such as asset, store, security document and etc to ensure
efficient delivery as a support system of department.
Human Resource dan Training Unit
Coordinating and managing human resource management and development of the Department.
Coordinating and managing the financial affairs of the Department.
- To plan JAWHAR computing system strategy for efficient and effective ICT services.
- Ensure the implementation of ICT projects in accordance with the ISP’s plans, policies, circulars, and guidelines that have been set.
- To plan, develop, coordinate, monitor the implementation and maintain application systems to support the core services of the JAWHAR website.
- Review hardware/software and network security requirements and ensure computer systems function properly and effectively.
- Provide technical services and maintain ICT facilities.
- Provide technical advisory services related to ICT.
- Enhance JAWHAR’s management and operational capabilities using ICT.
- Assist JAWHAR in implementing Electronic Government applications; and
- Regulate ICT security in line with public sector ICT security guidelines.