What is RSS?
RSS or RDF Site Summary is a XML (Extensible Markup Language) application based on the W3Schools specification. RSS is a format for syndicating news that isused as an agent to retrieve information and data online from websites that supports this application.
What is RssReader?
RssReader is a programme that enables users to receive news or information from web sites that supports RSS application. For further information, go to http://www.rssreader.com/
RSS at JAWHAR Web Site.
The RSS facility is provided for JAWHAR Web Site users to get the latest information on JAWHAR. Through this application, it is hoped that information from JAWHAR Web Site will be channeled more quickly and effectively. Other advantages of RSS Feed:
1. Customisation of news feed according to user’s needs and preference
2. Reliable information (secure from unwanted information such as spam)
3. Fast and effective distribution of information
4. Allows the latest news and information to be displayed without having to go to the Site
RssReader Installation Guide
1. You will need to download Microsoft.NET framework first if you are not currently using Windows 2003 or the latest version of Windows XP
1. Install RssReader.
2. If you have downloaded the .zip version, you would need to unzip the file before running setup.exe.
3. You can directly run the programme if you have downloaded the .exe file.
Look for RSS icon in JAWHAR Web Site.
Place the cursor above the image, right click and select “Copy Shortcut“. Run the RssReader and go to “add (+)“. Right click, “paste” the url and click ok.
For further information, go to http://www.rssreader.com/.